Las Vegas it’s know as the “Entertainment Capital of the World”,
From Basketball Courts in your hotel room to Rollercoasters that literally go through your hotel lobby, Las Vegas known as the “Entertainment Capital of the World” has it all!
And with the run up to the World Series Of Poker (WSOP) we thought it be fun to give you a few facts that maybe could get you in mood for taking down your own PartyPoker tournament!
17 Things You Didn’t Know About Vegas
1. Casinos 1700
2. Total Slot Machines 194,000
3. Total Games (tables and machines) 201,000
4. Annual Visitors 37.5 Million
5. Percentage who gamble 87
6. Average gambling amount spent per trip: $560
7. Price on acre of land on the strip $11 Million
8. Vegas hosts 17 of the 20 largest hotel in the US
9. Nevada was the first state to legalize casino gambling in 1931
10. Only in Vegas can you play basketball in your hotel room, yep stay at the Palms Hardwood Suite and you’ll find a half basketball court, locker rooms and a giant electronic scoreboard!
11. If bowling is more your type of ball game then don’t worry the Palms has got you covered with one room featuring a fully functional bowling alley in it.
12. Those fountains outside the Bellagio remember them from the end of Oceans 11? Well they actually get their water from a freshwater well that was drilled for a golf course. Turns out the lake and fountains actually use less water than the golf course did.
13. Talking about the Oceans 11, the filming crew actually needed to drain half of the lake just to create that one single shot.
14. Turns out the cast also did gamble during off hours. There’s some disagreement between who won the most (Clooney says Damon and Damon says Pitt), one things for sure Clooney did manage to lose 25 hands of blackjack in a row. Maybe Poker is more his thing?
15. Fancy getting married in Vegas? How about a drive through one? Yep it’s possible of course, sets you back roughly $40 with a discount for motorbikes and takes just 15mins. You’re all set. Now go enjoy the rest of your life together.
16. Talking of weddings Vegas is America’s number 1 wedding destination with 5% of total marriages in the US happening there.
17. It’s a close second to Istanbul when it comes to weddings in a single city. Istanbul 168,000 in a year vs 114,000 for Vegas, but however you cut it that’s a lot of cake.
Join The Team In Las Vegas Today!
All Roads Lead to Vegas at least thats how the saying goes on PartyPoker or should. We’ve got so many routes to qualify for a once in a life time trip, so make sure you check out the full qualification routes to the WSOP and Las Vegas today! Let us know how you get on by Liking us on Facebook and Following us on Twitter.